Charsi Chicken Karahi
Namak Mandi Peshawar’s famous charsi chicken karahi is a delicacy that looks intimidating but it is extremely easy to make. I could not believe that with few ingredients and just salt you can achieve such great taste. You can achieve authentic flavor with the ingredients you have in your pantry right now.
- 2.5 lbs Chicken
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 5-6 Green Chilies
- 6 large Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Fill the wok with oil for deep frying
- Do not worry we are going to take the oil out later
- Add chicken and salt
- Fry until chicken changes color
- Take out the oil leaving ½ cup in the wok
- Cut tomatoes in half
- Place them on chicken skin side up
- Cover and cook until you see the tomatoes are tender and skin is separating
- Pick the skin with the help of tongs and crush the tomatoes with spoon.
- Add green chilies and ginger garlic paste
- Keep mashing the tomatoes until they become gravy.
- Add lemon juice
- Garnish with cilantro and ginger
- Serve with Naan, Roti Chawal
See Also Chicken Recipes
Follow Us On