Instant pot Yogurt
Making yogurt in instant pot is extremely cost effective and easy to make. You can make plain yogurt or Greek yogurt. It is healthy, fresh, tasty and creamy and you can make so many dishes from breakfast to dinner.
How to Make Yogurt
Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot
- 8 Cups Milk
- ¼ Cup Yogurt
- Sterilize the inner pot of instant pot with boiling water and vinegar.
- Dry and put it back in the instant pot.
- Add 8 cups of milk.
- Turn on the instant pot.
- Press yogurt button
- Select boil
- Let yogurt come to almost 180F
- General rule of thumb is it happens right after first boil.
- Then let it cool down to 110-115F
- Add yogurt
- Mix well
- Remove the Seal band from your instant pot lid
- Close the lid
- Keep it on vent
- Press yogurt button again
- This time when the option “low” blinks select that
- Then select either 18 or 24 hours
- The longer it incubates the better.
- Or you can custom select your temperature and incubate it for 9 hours.
- After 18-24 hours yogurt looks perfectly thick no need to strain excess water.
- But after 9 hours my yogurt looks runny so I take a bowl put a sieve on top pour all the yogurt in it close it with lid and let it sit in refrigerator for couple of hours and it thickens.
- That’s how you make Greek yogurt.
- When the yogurt reaches its perfect consistency first thing I do is to freeze ½ a cup as a starter for next time.
- Then we make breakfast bowls, smoothie bowls, flavored yogurt, kadhi pakora, Gyro Sauce, karahi, chicken tikka masala, biryani and what not.
Instant pot, instant pot yogurt, how to make yogurt in instant pot, yogurt, yogurt making, how to make yogurt, how to make greek yogurt, greek yogurt, instant pot recipes, instant pot pro, yogurt recipes, no boil yogurt, fail proof yogurt recipe, yogurt recipe
Follow Us On