- 1 Cup Rice
- ½ Cup Moon Daal
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Onion
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Soak rice and lentils separately for 15 and 30 minutes.
- Mistake#1: I soaked rice and lentils together so khichdi was mushy
- Add oil in the pan
- Add Garam masala and cook for 2 minutes
- Then add onion and cook until nicely brown
- Add salt and pepper
- Mistake #2: I forgot to add salt and pepper so I added it at the end. Doesn’t make any difference tough.
- Add rice and lentils
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Add 3 cups of water and let it cook until water evaporates
- Cover with lid and let it cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes
- Mistake #3: I cooked khichdi for then 15 minutes with low flame. Again one of the reason for mushy rice.
See Also Rice Recipes:
Follow Us On