Lahori Chikar Cholay with Zero Oil
Chickpeas are high in plant-based protein. They are packed with nutrients. They reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease; and they are cheap and easily availableNow let’s talk about Lahori chikar cholay.Tari na oper aye to maza hi nahi ata Right? Aur Abbu ko jis din doctor nay Ustad Ji kay Channay Khanay say Mana Kar diya us din to bus duniya bay ronaq Translation … Sort Of:If oil doesn’t come to surface it isn’t tasty and if doctorrequested your Dad not to eat oily dishes half of his breakfast choices are gone.(Sad background music)But Worry Not We found a way healthier solution for allChickpeas lovers. And it is extremely tasty. Do give it a try, I am sure you will like it.
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tbsp Amchur Powder
- In a large bowl, add water and baking soda. Soak chickpeas overnight or minimum for 6-8 hours
- Drain chickpeas water.
- Add fresh water in a pan and boil chickpeas until they are tender.
- Boil potatoes and mash them
- In a pan add chickpeas, 1 glass of water and all the spices
- Or cut New Bahu some slack and give her National Masala 🙂
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Soon as chickpeas change color, add mashed potatoes in it
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until it reaches your required consistency
- Serve with fresh salad, naan, pratha or rice